Monday, December 23, 2013

#8: G Burger: G Fire Burger

#8: G Burger with Brandon Levesque

This was listed as being in Irvine, but since one just opened down the street in Fountain Valley, me and the hubbs headed there. Now, one of the rules to our adventure is that one of us orders what is recommended in the magazine. This time it was me, and I needed to order the G Fire Burger. Obviously, this was going to be spicy, but I needed to do it for the mission. So, I ordered the G Fire Burger with Sweet Potato Fries with a Chipotle Aioli Sauce. The hubbs asked for a G Burger and the guy at the counter gave him a look. He asked if he had been here before, and hubbs said, "No." I thought he was trying to talk hubbs out of the burger, and he kind of was. He said it is a burger that is about a foot high and had 2 1/2 lbs of burger. I told Brandon not to do, but he defied me and decided to buy the monster of a burger.
 G Fire Burger
 G Fries
 Menu
G Burger

As the waiter brought the G Burger to the table, we got a lot of stares. Someone asked if they could tape my husband eating it, which was weird. The main guy was pretty cool, he offered us a free drink and had a voice like Michael Jackson. Anyways, so I took a few bites of the Fire Burger and it was HOT. There were red and green peppers and tons of seeds! I ate as much as I could, but ended up taking most of the peppers off. It wasnt a fire where I needed to drink tons and tons of water but just my throat and tongue was spicy. It was good though...I dont know if I would get it again because of the spice factor, but it was worth trying All the while, while my tongue was on fire, my husband wolfed down the foot tall burger in 24 minutes. The guy at the counter told hubbs it took him an hour to eat the burger. Hubbs fries were like In & Out Burger's Animal Fries with more class. Well, one down, a ton more to go! Happy Eating!

Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment